In order to maintain a healthy environment, staff and students must be fever free and displaying no symptoms, or have not been in contact with others who are symptomatic or may have COVID-19. If contact has been made, they must place themselves in quarantine for 14 days. Absences will not count against students who are in quarantine.
Only healthy students may physically attend school. This means no student will be allowed entry with a fever over 100.4º. If symptoms including body aches occur, students must stay home. If a student arrives and has a fever measured at over 100.4º they will be sent home before entering the building. Any child attending school that becomes feverish or displays symptoms must be placed in isolation and be sent home immediately. If a student is absent with fever for more than 3 days a doctor’s note must accompany them when returning to school.
- When students enter the building they must wear a mask, be screened for fever and use hand sanitizer. (children 11 and under are not required to wear a mask)
- Students must proceed to their classroom and prepare for the day immediately upon entering. Students eating breakfast must proceed directly to the gym.
- All personal items must be labeled with the students’ name. Students may not share supplies with other students. Social distancing will be maintained. When transitioning to other areas of the building, students and staff must wear a face mask, walk in a single file, and keep a safe distance from other students.
- No water fountains will be used around campus. Every student must bring their own water bottles.
- Only one student at a time will be allowed in restrooms.
- All parents and guests are required to wear a face mask and must be fever free before entering the building. Fever scanning and hand sanitizer are required.
- Parents and guests must sign in at office and may not go past the office door. Only the secretary is allowed in the hallway and classrooms.
- Staff arrive by 7:30am.
- Teachers will arrange desks for social distancing if not already set up. (Must have one empty desk between students) Students are to have assigned seating. No other student will sit in any chair but his own.
- Teachers must sanitize hand-touched areas periodically throughout the day.
- Teachers must wear a face ask when closely teaching or instructing students.
- At the end of each school day, teachers are to wipe down and sanitize all contact areas in the classroom, remove trash, sweep the floors, wipe down the desks, light switches, doorknobs and spray aerosol disinfectant before leaving.
- Classroom doors must be kept open as much as possible for air flow.
- Social distancing must be practiced between classrooms. Schedules will be set so that only one classroom will be permitted in a building section at a time. Aerosol disinfectant sprays must be used after each class’s departure.
- Hand sanitization stations will be placed in each section of the building as well as in the classroom.
- Chapel and opening exercises will be held to ensure social distancing.
- Dismissal will be organized so that only one class is in the hallway at any time. Dismissal will be: Kindergarten – 2:10pm / E L C #1 – 2:20pm / E L C #2 – 2:25pm / U L C – 2:30pm
- If a student is positive for COVID-19, the building will be closed for 10 days and undergo a deep cleaning. Students will transition to remote learning during those days and then return to class when notified.